The Living in Truth retreats focus on helping women, men and couples to identify how they might be living “falsely.” The Scriptures refer to the “old self” (Eph. 4:22ff). It is this old self, or false self, that interferes with our experiencing the grace of God that actually transforms us into His image. Bob presents a series of teaching on:
- Identifying how we live “falsely” in our lives.
- What is the impact of doing so?
- What is it that we really want when we are defensive toward others?
- Identifying who we really are.
- How to come to the Cross of Jesus and lay down what is false and live out of of the truth of who we are in Christ.
- How do we deal with someone else’s false ways of living?
The retreat provides opportunities for sharing in groups, or as a couple, visual expressions of the principles being taught, interaction with the teaching, audio/visual aids and a time for prayer and consecration before God.
“The Living in Truth Conference made a significant impact on everyone that attended. Several weeks after the weekend, people were still reporting the change in their lives and how quickly they were able to recall and apply what they learned. I believe the biblical truth and principles that Bob and Eric presented got right to the core of life. We were able to get a good handle on the hindrances and the solutions to experiencing the freedom and power God has provided.
After hosting both a’ Breaking Down the Walls’ men’s retreat and a ‘Living in Truth’ conference at our church, I highly recommend that you consider these retreats as a part of your discipleship ministry.”
Pastor, Mountain Heights Baptist Church
Pagosa Springs, Colorado